One of the most talked about and hyped features of WordPress 3.0 is the merge between WPMU and the standard single WP install. This new feature allows you to create new instances of WordPress right from your dashboard, all sharing a single database. Every instance of WordPress can have completely different themes and plugins but they also have the option of being active across the whole network.
In today’s video, I go over from start to finish the complete process of setting up WordPress Multisite and creating new sites with it.
Not a video person?
- Start by adding define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true); to your wp-config file.
- Under tools in your WordPress dashboard you will now have the Network option.
- Depending on your host you will be able to choose between a subdomain and subdirectory for your network. So the domain for your added sites would either be test.test.com or test.com/test.
- You will now be greeted with your next list of steps: creating a blogs.dir directory, editing wp-config.php, and .htaccess. WP recommends backing up wp-config.php and .htaccess files before proceeding.
- Now go to the Sites menu option and create a new site.
Congratulations you have now setup Multisite in WordPress 3.0
I have tried to make this as simple as possible, but are you still confused? Let us do it for you. We will set up your WordPress blog so that you can easily create new sites by the click of a button.
What are you waiting for? Order Now